(Marketingmagazine.com.my)- In its latest campaign for Rexona, Mindshare launched its first LIFE+ campaign using Bio Wearables Devices and ambient motion sensors for the brand’s Electric Run held early this month at the Selangor Turf Club.
Coming on board the run as its official Freshmoves Partner, Rexona’s mandate was to ensure the runners stayed fresh while moving for a good cause.
The brand tracked each participant’s- GPS, heartbeats per minute and number of steps taken through a wearable device and motion sensors placed at the concert area. Apart from the run, participants dance movements during the performance by Rexona’s brand ambassador – SonaOne was also tracked.
The accumulated movements were then converted into cash donations. Thanks to the movement of 15,000 participants a total of RM100,000 was raised for five disability charities in Malaysia.
Sharing his thoughts on the campaign, Guan Lee, Head of Skincare and Deodorant Categories, Unilever said:
“Through partnership with Mindshare LIFE+, we are delighted to encourage people to move more with Rexona. The cash donation aims to change the lives of children and young adults with mobility disabilities caused by accident or illness and provide them with mobility aids such as prosthesis, wheelchairs and access to physiotherapy.”
Adding more on Mindshare’s latest offering Varun Channa, Head of Mindshare Malaysia shared that the agency’s proprietary LIFE+ and adaptive marketing approach demonstrated how real-time data and wearable technology could be used for the greater good for a brand
“This was a unique movement-led initiative that saw participants ‘contribute’ during the Electric Run, and integrating wearable technology at the core of the campaign”
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, email@example.com
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagemen
t Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA