(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – The Malaysian Association of Advertising Filmmakers, recently held their 26th Annual General Meeting in Kuala Lumpur.
Fresh from their triumph of having implemented an industry agreement, by collaborating with advertising agencies and advertisers’ associations, that laying down in detail complex and other areas based on the law and industry wide experience.
Khoo Kay Lye , who was re-elected as the President of the Association for another two year term , says “ PPFIM’s goal is to promote the value that production companies bring to agencies and advertisers and safeguard the future of production companies.
The objectives to achieve that goal include promoting understanding of the value that producers and production companies bring, as discoverers, nurturers and managers of directing talent, creatively in ensuring the idea is realised to its full potential.
It also means promoting business structures which provide production companies with the opportunity to prosper, to the benefit of advertisers and agencies. The association plans to work with the PPFIM committee of seasoned industry players to roll out plans for the future , with each member of the committee taking on responsibility in specific aspects of the association’s role in the industry like training , Industry Relations, FINAS, Membership Advocacy and Community Relations” .
Mr Chow Chun Son of Reservoir World was elected the Vice-President.
Seated L to R: Jennifer Monteiro-Treasurer (Film Base Asia), Perin Petrus – Secretary (Planet Films), Zurina Ramli – committee member (Independent Pictures), Erica Wong –committee member (Hot Pictures), Khoo Kay Lye –President (Film Stage International)
Standing L to R: Kelvin Theseira – committee member (Directors Think Tank) Chow Chun Son – Vice President (Reservoir World), S T Fah – committee member (PRS Production)
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, email@example.com
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permani
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA