(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – By: Malati Siniah
Poster for the recent WorldSBK Championship in Malaysia
Having hosted the world’s second biggest two-wheel motorsports championship from 2014 to 2016, Sepang International Circuit (SIC) announced that it would not be renewing its contract to host the FIM Superbike World Championship (WorldSBK) in Malaysia.
In a statement SIC Chief Executive Officer Dato’ Razlan Razali shared that the decision was made due to the current financial climate and the organization’s commitment to improve its existing facilities.
“As we are looking to avoid financial risks at the moment, we feel it is best to reserve resources for our two biggest international events – the Formula 1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix and the Shell Malaysia Motorcycle Grand Prix.” Dato’ Razlan shared.
The last WorldSBK Championship was held in May this year and was the first time Malaysia had its full-season entry with Muhammad Zulfahmi Khairuddin narrowly missing the top spot by 0.005 seconds.
Dato’ Razlan shared that despite the great performance by Fahmi which generated plenty of the interest in the event ‘all the factors as a whole’ had to be considered when the decision to not host the event was made.
“We hope the future will offer other opportunities to bring WorldSBK back to Malaysia. Nevertheless, we will continue to support Fahmi´s career through to 2017, inside the Supersport FIM World Championship in all the ways we can,” added Dato’ Razlan
The main event sponsor for this year’s WorldSBK Championship was global crane and truck loading technology manufacturer Fassi.
The market is in a state of flux. Media fragmentation has gone wild. Digital is exciting but also a minefield if handled wrong. Marketers need stamina, focus and a scalable approach to strategies. ROI has never been more confusing.
Hear from these dynamic and feisty brand leaders on how they are facing the New Realities:
• Albern Murty – CEO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz – MD & CEO, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
• Sulin Lau – Head of Marketing Services, Maxis
• Cyril Dhenaut – Head of Marketing, KFit
• Timothy Johnson – Senior VP of Marketing, INTI International University & Colleges
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Srikanth Ramachandran – Executive Director, Moving Walls
• Spencer Lee – Head of Commercial, AirAsia Berhad
• Bala Pomaleh – CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Rachel Lim – Co-Founder of Love, Bonito
• Edward Ling – Sales Manager, Waze Malaysia
Date: September 6th, 2016 (Tuesday)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
For details, contact Ruby on 03-77262588, email@example.com
Download event PDF here