(marketingmagazine.com.my) – According to The Bangkok Post, after a period of 10 years, The Brunei Times (TBT) has finally closed down as announced on its front page yesterday. Its website and social media outlets however carried no news about the closure.
Its final edition which comes out today will be its last. Earlier this year TBT changed its format by becoming a free daily newspaper, downsized into tabloid format. According to local reports the closure will affect 130 jobs at the company.
This is probably similar to what is happening down south in Singapore.
Last month, Singapore Press Holdings (SPH) announced that it would merge its two publications My Paper and The New Paper to form TNP. This new paper will combine the strengths of both products and will be distributed for free beginning December.
SPH also announced that in view of the changing media landscape it would be taking various measure to reduce cost this includes a staff reduction of up to 10 per cent over two years through retirement, non-renewal of contracts, outplacement and retrenchment.
Will you Sink or Swim in 2017?
Back in its 12th year, the Malaysian Media Conference is set to take a deep dive into the world of DATALYTICS!
From understanding data touchpoints and improving customer experience to how brands and agencies can fuse data with their creative executions.
Look forward to a full day of case studies and real-market experiences from the following speakers:
• Linda Hassan, Head of Marketing – Domino’s Pizza Malaysia & Singapore
• Rahul Thappa, Vice President of Data Analytics, Astro
• Sujith Rao, Senior Director – Digital Analytics at IPG Mediabrands
• Chan Woei Hern, Executive Creative Director, EnsembleWW
• Bala Pomaleh, CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Teeradet Dumrongbhalasitr- Head of Commercial, Asia Pacific Dunnhumby
• Anser Aly – Senior Global Brand Manager, Unilever Asia
• Lars Setsaa – Head of Revenue Management and Analytics – Digi Telecommunications
Those are just the tip of the iceberg, on the MMC stage, you will also hear latest innovations from Twitter, Unilever and more!
Download the full programme here
Date: 14 November 2016
Time: 08:30am – 06:00pm
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Sime Darby Convention Centre Bukit Kiara
Interested in joining or sponsoring the event? Contact: [email protected]
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.