(marketingmagazine.com.my) – Penang State Tourism collaborated with a UK-based tour operator Premier Holidays to launch a new marketing campaign to attract more tourists from the region to visit Penang.
Part of the Penang Global Tourism initiative the marketing campaign features a selection of customised travel offers to the city, throwing in added incentives such as free tours and discounts.
According to a report on Travel Daily Media as an added incentive to promoting the campaign agents are provided with a selection of campaign posters featuring compelling photographs of Penang to grab their client’s attention. They will receive an additional £150 (RM776.23) for every successful booking.
Penang was recently in the news when CNN reported that its famous street food dish, Asam Laksa was voted as the world’s top street food.
As one of the states in Malaysia which is part of the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H Program) which attracts foreigners to retire in Malaysia, Penang has been aggressive in launching global promotions and events to boost its tourism.
The 5th Malaysian Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) Conference is a full day journey into the minds of some of the sharpest and most inspiring minds in the business.
The market is in a state of flux. Media fragmentation has gone wild. Digital is exciting but also a minefield if handled wrong. Marketers need stamina, focus and a scalable approach to strategies. ROI has never been more confusing.
Hear from these dynamic and feisty brand leaders on how they are facing the New Realities:
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz – MD & CEO, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
• Sulin Lau – Head of Marketing Services, Maxis
• Cyril Dhenaut – Head of Marketing, KFit
• Timothy Johnson – Senior VP of Marketing, INTI International University & Colleges
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Srikanth Ramachandran – Executive Director, Moving Walls
• Spencer Lee – Head of Commercial, AirAsia Berhad
• Bala Pomaleh – CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Rachel Lim – Co-Founder of Love, Bonito
• Edward Ling – Sales Manager, Waze Malaysia
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Etika Holdings (formely Permanis)
• Dato Seri Vida – Founder, Pamoga & Qu Puteh
•Rafiq Razalli – CEO, Media Prima Digital Sdn Bhd
Date: September 6th, 2016 (Tuesday)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
For details, contact Ruby on 03-77262588, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download event PDF here
More details www.marketingmagazine.com.my/cmo2016