J. Walter Thompson’s YouTube channel got 2.5 million organic views within the first 48 hours for a recent Sunsilk ad inspired by the true story of 20 year-old Rock Kwanlada, the first runner-up at Miss Tiffany Universe 2017, Thailand’s transgender beauty pageant.
The famous model and beauty queen also played a starring role in the spot.
Thousands of girls in Thailand and across the world face the same dilemma like Rock Kwanlada – being born in a man’s body.
Titled Hair Talk, the short film captures her journey of becoming a woman narrated from the point of view of her hair. From the time when she was a he.
Kwanlada recounts her story about how growing up her father wanted her to act like a boy despite knowing that she was inclined towards being a girl and loved to play with dolls.
Within 2 months, it sparked a nationwide conversation around gender and stereotypes, gathering over 37 million views in Thailand alone.
Sunsilk succeeded in highlighting the taboos and stigma around transgendered people in Thailand, urging the public to be more accepting.
Is the Customer at the heart of your Digital Transformation?
On 19th of July, MARKETING will be organising a conference on Customer-Centric Digital Transformation (#DTCX2018) to help you answer that question. The conference will be driven by Paul Stewart who authored the best-seller ‘Branded Customer Service’ and currently is the Special Advisor, Strategy & Transformation for P. S. Thinking. Drawing from his 25 years of diverse experience as a Chief Economist, CEO and consulting in organisational change, transformation and innovation Paul will be sharing his learnings and current trends in this realm.
He will be joined by key thought leaders in the areas of transformation, data analytics, customer service, branding, marketing, digital, human resources and more! Some of the key names who will be joining us include:
* Imran Kunalan Abdullah, Advisor/Principal Consultant – Digital Talent Development & Leadership and People Analytics
* George Aveling, CEO, TMI Malaysia
* Laurence Smith, Head, Asia Region, SmartUP
* Falko Leonhardt, Principal Consultant Transformation Strategy and Change, TMI
* Mohd Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO & Chief Customer Experience Officer, CIMB Group
* Rene Werner, Chief Customer Service & Customer Experience Officer, Celcom Axiata Berhad
* Noelle Lim, Director, BFM Edge Education
* Vigneswaran Sivalingam, Director of Operations, Teledirect of Telecommerce
* Stephanie Caunter, Global Director, Marketing & Communications, Catcha Group
Get ready to be inspired by case studies on transformation, honest conversations on driving change and actionable insights you can take back to implement in your organisation.
Date: 19th July 2018
Time: 8.30 am -6.00 pm
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Center, Bukit Kiara
For more information on DTCX 2018:
Click to visit DTCXJuly19 Microsite.
Download PDF Programme here.
Contact Amira [email protected] | 03 7726 2588
Book your spot early to avoid disappointment!
MARKETING Magazine is not responsible for the content of external sites.