(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – Watch out Kimmel and Fallon, Malaysia has gotten its first late-night talk show host and its none other than funny man Harith Iskander.
‘Obviously Harith Iskander’ (OHI) is a 13-episode talk show that will air every Saturday at 9.30pm on Astro Awani (Channel 501)
According to Faizal Mansor, Chief Executive Officer of Astro Awani the idea to produce a late-night talk show was inspired by the popularity of talk shows hosted by comedians Jimmy Fallon and James Corden.
“With over 2 million Astro viewers tuning into comedy programmes, we are excited to team up with Harith Iskander, Malaysia’s most loved comedian for our inaugural late-night talk show, OHI for our viewers.
“Asia’s best stand-up comedian, Harith is an icon who has entertained Malaysians over two decades and Awani is delighted to have him host OHI.”
Following the typical late-night show format OHI will have an in-studio live band which will be led by jazz legend, Michael Veerapan.
The talk show will kick off with an interview with Air Asia’s Tan Sri Tony Fernandes and will be followed by an interesting line up of local personalities including Datin Paduka Marina Mahathir, Shila Amzah, Jaclyn Victor and Dato’ Seri Nazir Razak.
Coming on board the talk show is AirAsia Berhad as the presenting sponsor and INTI International University and Colleges as the partner sponsor.
Astro Awani is Malaysia’s 24/7 news channel which reaches out to 73% urban viewers. The channel continues to grow its digital presence with 150 million unique page views recorded last year and a growing fan base of 3 million across all of its social media platforms.
APPIES Malaysia 2016 Marketing Conference open for registrations!
‘2-day MBA’ in Marketing, ‘TED of Marketing’, call it what you will, and come what may, we will see you on May 19 & 20 at the Eastin Hotel.
• 36 latest Marketing Case-Studies
• 22 marketing leaders as Judges
• 3 top-notch Keynote Speakers
* 4 Game-Changing Panel Speakers
Says Chief Judge Adam Wee Abdullah, Group CMO of CIMB Banking Group about judging the entries, “Clarity in the Objective statement is fundamental. If this is not clear, the solutions will not be clear as well. It is also important to juxtapose the expected outcome against the Objective statement so you can gauge if the strategies are aligned. It’s a bit like looking through the scope of a sniper’s rifle.”
Date: 19 & 20 May, 2016
Venue: The Grand Ballroom, Eastin Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Time: 8.30am – 6.00pm
To register, go to APPIES REGISTRATION.
Download full brochure here.
Or contact Ruby on 03-7726 2588, firstname.lastname@example.org
APPIES Malaysia 2016 judges:
• Abdul Sani Abdul Murad – Head of Marketing, HSBC Malaysia
• Ben Mahmud – Head of Retail Marketing, Shell Malaysia Trading
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Fiona Liao – Chief Brand Officer, Prudential Assurance Malaysia
• Jasmine Lee – Chief Marketing Officer, U Mobile
• Jauhar Munir Shaikh – FVP, Brand Marketing for F&N Malaysia
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Mark Ng – ASEAN Marketing Director, Castrol
• Martin Soong – Marketing Manager, Fonterra Brands Malaysia
• Matthew Ho – Regional Digital Marketing Director, Huawei Technologies Malaysia
• Nirinder Singh Johl – GM of Strategic Communications, Tenaga Nasional Berhad
• Noreen Sabrina – Head of Brand Communications- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
• Pan Choi Yen – GM of Marketing, WIPRO-UNZA Malaysia
• Philip Whittaker – Group Chief Marketing Officer, Themed Attractions & Resorts
• Rizan Ismail – Head of Brand Management, PETRONAS
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Permanis Sandilands
• Stephane Vilquin – Marketing Director, Campbell Soup Southeast Asia
• Syahar Khalid – Digital Engagement Manager, Nestlé Products Malaysia
• Vincent Chong – Marketing Director of Unilever Malaysia
• Zaki Zin – Marketing Director, Wyeth Nutrition Malaysia
• Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin – Chief Marketing Officer, Celcom AXIATA