(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – With Malaysia’s growing interest in sports, French sports equipment chain store, Decathlon, is taking the opportunity to tap into the local market by setting a target of opening over 60 stores in the country within the next decade.
Decathlon Malaysia chief executive officer Tom Meng told BERNAMA that the expansion was part of the brand’s global strategy of growing its global presence to 3,000 stores in the next 10 years.
Decathlon Malaysia is certainly not wasting any time to engage with locals, a quick check on its Facebook page, which already has over 24 thousand likes, the brand has already set up several events including ‘MY DECATHLON Roller Club’ with free roller classes and a free running seminar.
Participants of the first ‘MY DECATHLON Roller Club’ event
With a presence in over 30 countries globally, Malaysia is the third stop for the brand in its ASEAN expansion having launched its stores in Thailand and Singapore.
The 5th Malaysian Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) Conference is a full day journey into the minds of some of the sharpest and most inspiring minds in the business.
The market is in a state of flux. Media fragmentation has gone wild. Digital is exciting but also a minefield if handled wrong. Marketers need stamina, focus and a scalable approach to strategies. ROI has never been more confusing.
Hear from these dynamic and feisty brand leaders on how they are facing the New Realities:
• Albern Murty – CEO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz – MD & CEO, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
• Sulin Lau – Head of Marketing Services, Maxis
• Cyril Dhenaut – Head of Marketing, KFit
• Timothy Johnson – Senior VP of Marketing, INTI International University & Colleges
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Srikanth Ramachandran – Executive Director, Moving Walls
• Spencer Lee – Head of Commercial, AirAsia Berhad
• Bala Pomaleh – CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Rachel Lim – Co-Founder of Love, Bonito
• Edward Ling – Sales Manager, Waze Malaysia
Date: September 6th, 2016 (Tuesday)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
For details, contact Ruby on 03-77262588, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download event PDF here