Renowned National Geographic reptile expert and host of the popular series Dangerous Encounters on Nat Geo Wild (Astro Ch 550), Dr. Brady Barr, was in Malaysia in search of adventure, and the exploration of the reptilian wildlife that Malaysia has to offer.
Dangerous Encounter, Season 7 is exclusively sponsored by PosLaju. Dr. Brady Barr’s special appearance in PosLaju’s On Demand Pickup service campaign was driven by his strong determination, courage and the need to share his new encounters and experiences about reptiles with his viewers on Nat Geo Wild.
As a reptile expert, Brady has made it his life’s mission to study and protect some of the world’s most dangerous and endangered animals, particularly crocodiles and alligators. His hands-on style and engaging personality, combined with his breadth of scientific knowledge, allows him to bring the most exciting animals on the planet straight into people’s living rooms. He has journeyed to five continents and over 70 countries and interacted with a menagerie of creatures from the Humboldt Squid to the Japanese Giant Salamander.
Mr Basil Chua, Territory Head, Fox International Channels Malaysia (FIC) said, “Dr Brady Barr, is a National Geographic reptile expert and he is the only expert in the world today who have captured and studied all the crocodilian species. The breath of his knowledge matched by his charisma as the leading television presenter on Nat Geo Wild, continues to inspire Malaysians to better understand the reptilian family, some of which are facing extinction in the face of our modern world."
Brady’s Tips to Avoid Snake Attacks:
1. Never ever attempt to pick-up a snake. It takes an expert to determine whether it is
venomous or not.
2. If you see a snake, just back away. Snakes will not chase you as they are not aggressive.
3. The only time you’ll be bitten is if you step on the snake or try to pick it up.
4. Keep your yard and home free from trash and clutter, avoid things that will attract
rodents and then subsequently attract snakes.
Brady’s Tips to Avoid Crocodile Attacks:
1. Do not go fishing while wading in water and never attach caught fish to your body.
2. Do not let your kids or pets play around water’s edge. And avoid any activities along
water’s edge, especially at dusk.
3. Never approach a crocodile. If you see it, maintain your distance and back away slowly.
4. Never feed crocodiles! This is very dangerous because they become conditioned to
associate people with food.