The Malaysian Digital Association (MDA), concluded its AGM with the re-election of Mr. Rene E. Menezes, CEO of Better Sdn Bhd as the President and Mr. Paul Moss, General Manager of Alt Media Sdn Bhd as the Vice President for the term of 2012 - 2013.
Mr. Harish Subramaniam, Director of Amphibia Digital Sdn Bhd was elected as the Secretary. Mr. Kee Jon Tjin, Sales Director of Yahoo! Malaysia Sdn Bhd was elected as the Treasurer of the Association.
The thirteen (13) Council Members elected are:
- Mr. Roy Tan, CEO - Carat Media Services (M) Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Jordan Khoo, Regional Director Asia Pacific - Eyeblaster (SEA) Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Sajith Sivanandan, Country Head - Google Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Warren Tan, Director - Integricity Corporation Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Prashant Kumar, CEO - IPG Mediabrands Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Gaurav Bhasin, Acting Country Manager - Mudah.my Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Timothy Tiah, Co-Founder & Executive Director - Nuffnang Sdn Bhd
- Ms. Selina Ang, Executive Director - Ogilvy One Worldwide Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Andreas Vogiatzakis, Managing Director - OMD (M) Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Khailee Ng, CEO - SAYS Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Serm Teck Choon, Head, JustJobs - Star Publications (M) Bhd
- Mr. Hieu Kau Sern, Digital Director - Vivaki Malaysia Sdn Bhd
- Mr. Joni Lemala, Head of Interaction - GroupM
"It is a great honour to be re-elected as the President of the MDA and be entrusted to lead one of the most dynamic associations in the country", Menezes said. "There isn’t another industry association like this which brings together top media owners, agencies and service providers around one table to plan and execute initiatives that benefit the entire industry."
Since its inception in 2010, the MDA has conducted a slew of initiatives that have brought the industry together and driven them forward. The first such initiative was the official endorsement of a standardised measurement currency for the industry. This was the first time such an endorsement was made anywhere in the region. Beyond this, the quarterly Digital Wednesday networking event which draws an attendance of 160 to 200 people to observe a panel discussion, keynote presentation and networking is the most regular industry event in the country.
As an added activity to address new talent joining the industry, the quarterly 'Your role in the Digital Future" induction programme was recently launched which saw an attendance of 50 people being taken through the digital eco-system by industry veterans. "The programme was created to reassure those that have just joined the field that they have made the right decision and that there are great opportunities available", said Paul Moss, Vice President of the MDA.
Following the election of the new council, the MDA today launched a community site called www.digitalfuture.my which shows an extensive list of employers in search of talent and reads like the creme de la creme of the Malaysian digital industry. "In corridors and boardrooms of every company in the industry, a constant challenge discussed is the shortage of talent", said Menezes. "This initiative sees MDA members, join forces yet again to address the issue and invite Malaysians of any background who have the right mix of passion and belief to join the industry players in building a 'Digital Future’."