Lord Coe, now Chairman of the London 2012 Olympics, will be joined by heads of global advertising agencies and by marketing chiefs of some of the worlds most powerful brands at the inaugural World Effie Festival, which is dedicated to understanding, inspiring and celebrating creative effectiveness in communications. More than 2,000 advertising and marketing professionals from around the world are expected to attend the event, which is presented by the New York American Marketing Association and the Institute of Advertising Singapore (IAS).
The event will also feature the presentation of the Global Effie Awards the first time this has occurred outside New York, where the Effie Organisation was founded in 1968. The first-ever Asia Pacific Effie Awards will also be presented in Singapore, celebrating the most effective campaigns developed by advertising and marketing agencies across the region.
Other speakers now confirmed to appear alongside Lord Coe at the World Effie Festival include:
- Shelly Lazarus, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide
- Simon Clift, Global Chief Marketing Officer, Unilever
- Cammie Dunaway, Chief Marketing Officer and Head of Customer Experience Division, Yahoo
- Larry Flanagan, Global Chief Marketing Officer, MasterCard
- David Droga, Head of DROGAFIVE, part of the Publicis Group
- Sir John Hegarty, Chairman and Worldwide Creative Director, BBH
- Jean Marie Dru, President & CEO, TBWA
"The very fact that these world-renowned thought catalysts are joining us in Singapore next February highlights the importance of this event. The World Effie Festival is destined to become the focal point of the global advertising and marketing community and the forum for developing and sharing best practice in effective creativity.", said Stephen Mangham, Chairman of the World Effie Festival Supervisory Board and Group Chairman of Ogilvy & Mather Singapore
The World Effie Festival will also feature a series of Premier Master Classes in which top leaders in their fields will share their experiences of developing and executing successful campaigns. The Premier Master Class speakers will include:
- Dick Powell and Richard Seymour, co-founders of Seymourpowell, one of the UKs most successful design companies
- Laurence Green, Head of Planning, Fallon UK
- Lucy Jamieson, Head of Strategy, DDB London
- Prasoon Joshi, film director and internationally-renowned creative talent from McCann India
- Michael Baulk, former chairman, BBDO AMV Group, UK
With more speakers due to be confirmed during the next few weeks, sponsors for the World Effie Festival include Asia Pacific Breweries; International Herald Tribune; Millward Brown; Moove Media; Newsweek Magazine; Singapore Airlines; Singapore Tourism Board; Singapore Press Holdings; Suntec International Convention & Exhibition Centre and Yahoo. The Official Hotel is the Marina Mandarin Singapore.
In addition to the more than 2,000 advertising and marketing professionals expected to attend the inaugural World Effie Festival, a global audience of virtual delegates will be able to view the highlights via blogs and webcasts. The World Effie Festival is intended to become an annual calendar event, with the second festival already confirmed for Singapore in February 2009.
About the Effie Awards
The Effie Awards honor the most significant achievement in the business of marketing communications: ideas that work. Known by advertisers and agencies globally as the pre-eminent award in the industry, the Effies recognize any and all forms of consumer engagement that contribute to a brands success. Since 1968, winning an Effie has become a global symbol of achievement. Today, Effie celebrates effectiveness worldwide with the Global Effie, the EURO Effie, the Asia Pacific Effie and more than 35 national Effie programs. For more details, visit www.effie.org.