1. Astro is subscription based, except for NJOI which is their non- subscription based satellite TV offering 22 TV and 20 radio channels.
TV3 is terrestrial free-to-air.
2. Astro has 3.49 million household subscribers.
TV3 can reach up to 92% of the Malaysian population.
3. Astro is 18 years old.
TV3 celebrated its 30th Anniversary this year.
4. Astro offers 170 channels.
TV3 is the most watched tv station in Malaysia.
5. Astro is owned and operated by MEASAT Broadcast Network Systems.
TV3 or Sistem Televisyen Malaysia is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Media Prima Berhad.
6. Astro operates from the All Asia Broadcast Centre in Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur.
TV3 broadcasts from its studios in Sri Pentas, Bandar Utama, Petaling Jaya.
*Source - Malaysian Advertising Industry for Dummies