(marketingmagazine.com.my) – Hari Raya, one of Malaysia’s largest festive period, is a popular time for major brands to launch their advertising campaigns. Telekom Malaysia (TM) was no different, together with its agency Universal McCann the brand set up a mission to cut through the clutter of feel-good Raya films and gain over one million views on its social media platforms.
Based on the insights that the fasting month encourages Muslims to be more generous in giving out donations and that Malaysia is the 7th most generous country in the world, the brand provided Malaysians with an opportunity to help the less fortunate.
Rather than telling a story, the brand set up a campaign which enabled audiences to be a part of their Raya tale. How did they do this?
By extending TM’s TVC into a 4 part segment online and gamify each segment. In each segment audiences were prompted to click on different situations in the video to continue viewing. The clicks accumulated by viewers were then translated into real money that TM would donate.
To help spread the word on the campaign the brand used organic and paid content, along with mentions on social channels and influencer marketing.
Bringing to life the kindness of the main character in TM’s Raya TVC, #PakcikMisteri, the brand also worked with ‘Suspended Meals Malaysia’ to sponsor free food for the needy and donated the meals under #PakcikMisteri’s name.
By the end of the campaign, the brand received a total of 1.26 million views and 9.3 million clicks from its gamified TVC. Staying true to its promise, TM donated RM30,000 to charity when the campaign ended.
Campaign result’s for TM’s #PakcikMisteri campaign
Check out the full case study for our APPIES Malaysian Gold campaign winner below:
Agency- Universal McCann
Jennifer Yean, General Manager
Stanley Clement, Executive Director
Muhammad Zaid, Senior Social Specialist
Faten Ashrof, Senior Planner
Client – Telekom Malaysia (TM)
Teh Siow Ling, General Manager
Rohanah Jusin, Assistant Manager
Amin Ariff Asha Ari, Manager
Tajuddin Hanifah, Manager
The 5th Malaysian Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) Conference is a full day journey into the minds of some of the sharpest and most inspiring minds in the business.
The market is in a state of flux. Media fragmentation has gone wild. Digital is exciting but also a minefield if handled wrong. Marketers need stamina, focus and a scalable approach to strategies. ROI has never been more confusing.
Hear from these dynamic and feisty brand leaders on how they are facing the New Realities:
• Loh Keh Jiat - CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz - MD & CEO, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
• Sulin Lau - Head of Marketing Services, Maxis
• Cyril Dhenaut - Head of Marketing, KFit
• Timothy Johnson - Senior VP of Marketing, INTI International University & Colleges
• Eric Wong - Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Srikanth Ramachandran - Executive Director, Moving Walls
• Spencer Lee - Head of Commercial, AirAsia Berhad
• Bala Pomaleh - CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Rachel Lim - Co-Founder of Love, Bonito
• Edward Ling - Sales Manager, Waze Malaysia
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Etika Holdings (formely Permanis)
• Dato Seri Vida - Founder, Pamoga & Qu Puteh
•Rafiq Razalli - CEO, Media Prima Digital Sdn Bhd
Date: September 6th, 2016 (Tuesday)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
Download event PDF here
More details www.marketingmagazine.com.my/cmo2016