(Marketingmagazine.com.my) – This week we shine the spotlight on Rubber Boy, the campaign done by Leo Burnett for Petronas that won Gold in the ProBono/Government/Cultural category at this year’s APPIES Malaysia awards.
At the beginning of 2016, the Malaysian ‘consumer sentiment index’ was down by 20% and ‘business conditions index’ plummeted by 30%. Malaysians were just not in the mood to celebrate Chinese New Year.
While other brands hyped up the ads that celebrated a ‘Prosperous New Year’, the agency decided to redefine the meaning of prosperity, by reminding Malaysians of their most important possession – their loved ones.
The ‘Rubber Boy’ campaign became the most successful CNY campaign for PETRONAS in consumer engagement and brand equity gains. It also got the highest spontaneous brand recall for PETRONAS during and post the CNY period.
View the campaign’s video presentation below, or on Adoi TV:
AGENCY- Leo Burnett
Eswara VAN Sharma, Business Director
Amelia Peng, Senior Account Director
Milan Agnihotri, Chief catalyst – Strategy and innovations
James Yap, Creative Director
Zahariah (Liza) Abdul Rahman, Senior General Manager, Group Strategic Communications
Suzana Che Mat, Senior Manager, External Communications
Fitri Mydin, Manager, Campaign Management, External Communications
Nur Khalidah Khalid, Executive, Campaign Management, External Communication
The 5th Malaysian Chief Marketing Officers (CMO) Conference is a full day journey into the minds of some of the sharpest and most inspiring minds in the business.
The market is in a state of flux. Media fragmentation has gone wild. Digital is exciting but also a minefield if handled wrong. Marketers need stamina, focus and a scalable approach to strategies. ROI has never been more confusing.
Hear from these dynamic and feisty brand leaders on how they are facing the New Realities:
• Loh Keh Jiat – CMO, Digi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd
• Raja Teh Maimunah Raja Abdul Aziz – MD & CEO, Hong Leong Islamic Bank Berhad
• Sulin Lau – Head of Marketing Services, Maxis
• Cyril Dhenaut – Head of Marketing, KFit
• Timothy Johnson – Senior VP of Marketing, INTI International University & Colleges
• Eric Wong – Marketing Director, IBM Malaysia
• Srikanth Ramachandran – Executive Director, Moving Walls
• Spencer Lee – Head of Commercial, AirAsia Berhad
• Bala Pomaleh – CEO, IPG Mediabrands
• Rachel Lim – Co-Founder of Love, Bonito
• Edward Ling – Sales Manager, Waze Malaysia
• Santharuban T. Sundaram – Group Marketing Manager, Etika Holdings (formely Permanis)
• Dato Seri Vida – Founder, Pamoga & Qu Puteh
•Rafiq Razalli – CEO, Media Prima Digital Sdn Bhd
Date: September 6th, 2016 (Tuesday)
Venue: Sime Darby Convention Centre, Jalan Bukit Kiara, Kuala Lumpur.
For details, contact Ruby on 03-77262588, firstname.lastname@example.org
Download event PDF here
More details www.marketingmagazine.com.my/cmo2016